Capital set for showers and near-constant cloud cover… but no more lightning
Londoners hoping this week’s glorious sunshine will stretch into the Bank Holiday weekend may be set for disappointment.
The mercury will peak in the mid-teens, with heavy rain forecast for a few hours on Sunday.
Otherwise, the capital is set for near-constant cloud cover throughout the weekend,according to the Met forecast, although fortunately there is no sign of the hail that pummelled the streets on Tuesday afternoon, or the lightning that set fire to a house in Pinner hours earlier.
The sun will make an appearance on Saturday evening, with highs of 16C.
Met Office forecaster Calum MacColl said: “The highest temperatures are likely to be at the start of the weekend but at least there will be some sunshine throughout the weekend for many parts of the country.
“On Saturday we’ve got a ridge of high pressure over much of the country which should mean not too bad a day.
“Many areas should have variable bits of cloud with sunny breaks coming through during the day. Bar the odd isolated shower it’s looking pretty good.”
Let's share this
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)